Junior Software Engineer | Dec 2014 - Present
Graduate Software Engineer | Feb 2014 - Dec 2014
- Full stack developer working on clinical software and drug terminologies.
- Automated test experience in Arquillian, JUnit, Selenium.
- Certification: Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer
Research Projects Officer | Feb 2012 - Feb 2014
Summer Vacation Scholar | Nov 2011 - Feb 2012
- Collaborated with researchers to create a platform of presenting cutting edge research in an innovative and meaningful way to the general public.
- Created multi-touch application for 3D object manipulation.
- Experience in Python, H3D, Java and Point Cloud Library.
Student Ambassador | Mar 2011 – Dec 2013
- Demonstrated research projects and engaged with prospective students.
Australian National University | 2010 - 2013
Bachelor of Advanced Computing (Honours) – 1st Class Honours | Major in Human Centric Computing
- Undertook honours research project to enable real time manipulation of 3D objects using a multi-touch interface for remote guidance purposes. Imagine a video conference scenario where you can ‘touch’ objects in the other persons’ environment and have your directions projected directly into their environment.
- Worked for Red Hat as part of undergraduate project on detecting vulnerable dependencies at build and run time. As part of this, I created a tool for minifying python files using abstract syntax trees.
Study Abroad Semester
- Undertook modules in Mixed Reality, Computer Graphics, Algorithms, Bioinformatics, Human-Computer Interaction and Cloud Computing
Human Computer Interaction Summer School
- Learnt Kinect development and research methods for user studies.
Major Projects and Publications
Published: Matt Adcock, Dulitha Ranatunga, Ross Smith, and Bruce H. Thomas. 2014. Object-based touch manipulation for remote guidance of physical tasks. In Proceedings of the 2nd ACM symposium on Spatial user interaction (SUI '14). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 113-122.
Published: Ranatunga, D.; Adcock, M.; Feng, D.; Thomas, B., "Towards object based manipulation in remote guidance," in Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR), 2013 IEEE International Symposium on , vol., no., pp.1-6, 1-4 Oct. 2013
2013 Red Hat: Developed a minification tool for python 2.x using abstract syntax trees.
2012 CSIRO: Developed novel multi-touch interface for interacting with 3D point clouds using Python and H3D. (1000+ lines of code)
Student Volunteer | SIGGRAPH 2012 Conference
- Demonstrated at emerging technology stalls for conference contributors.
Jan 2011 - present
- Organise and promote technology related events for over 200 members and students with an interest in computer science at the Australian National University.
- Primary organizer of the event that was awarded ‘ANUSA Event of the Year 2012’.
Jan 2011 - Jan 2012
- As Microsoft's student ambassador for ANU, I give presentations and organise events around Microsoft's student initiatives.
- Presented a Kinect development workshop in October, 2011
- Privately tutored Haskell and Java with a focus on COMP1100 at ANU
Awards and Honours
- 2013: Ian Ross Honours Scholarship, Research School of Computer Science
- 2012: International Student Exchange Program Grant by DIISRTE
- 2011: Blackhall Undergraduate Prize in Innovation ACT 2011
- 2010 and 2011: ANU Chancellors Letter of Commendation
- 2010 and 2011: College of Engineering and Computer Science Dean’s List Award